Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Crazy Week II Synopsis

Crazy week. It was a crazy week of taking many, many, many classes to teach. I was ready to lay over the xylophones and fall right to sleep. Oh. Dear.
I am always teaching 1st now. Really. Really?! I’m just glad that Tracy trusts me with the 1st Graders. I am so glad to have actually been able to get the movements right, and Tracy lets me make mistakes. I am learning so much from her. It’s unreal. I didn’t have to teach Kindergarteners, but I did have to teach them once when Tracy was out due to sickness. I have enjoyed doing mini-lessons for Kindies (Kindergarteners) and 2nd Grade, but I haven’t done a full lesson for either since the infamous Kindie High and Low lesson.
The craziest thing happened. I ran out of students to teach Beethoven Part II. I had to come up with an entirely new lesson, but it was okay. I just furthered the lesson by doing a rhyme/poem/rap Orff lesson that tied on to the rhythmic portion of Beethoven Part II. It was hilarious. I got them to sound like M.C. Hammer. Oh. Dear. Again. (Only this time, it is a positive one!) This lesson added in ostinati (spoken, body percussion, and percussive instruments—non-pitched.) I’d like to build on the lesson with Orff instruments, but I think that Tracy would rather me move on to a new lesson…? (or just modify my melody to make it simpler.)

No comments:

Post a Comment